TRIO Student Support Services is a federally funded TRIO grant program. We offer such services as academic and career counseling, tutoring, workshops, cultural activities, and tours of four-year colleges. We also have four-year college and university information available to TRIO students in the TRIO lab. You may use the TRIO lab to type papers and do projects. You are allowed to print up to 15 copies for free per day, as long as you are a current TRIO participant.
I agree to participate in the Student Support Services Program as outlined in the requirements listed below and as discussed with the program staff.
1) I agree to attend classes regularly. I understand that regular classroom attendance is defined by Student Support Services as having no more than three unexcused absences in any course during the semester.
2) Reasonable progress in coursework is the basic objective of Student Support Services activities. If in the opinion of the Student Support Services staff, an effort to make progress has not been made, I understand this contract will be void.
3) I agree to meet with my assigned counselor each semester to do my Individual Academic Plan (IAP). Please make every effort to do your IAP early in each semester. If you drop or add a class or withdraw from school, you must notify your assigned counselor.
4) I agree to come to tutoring every week, if assigned. If not needed anymore, you must notify your counselor so that the slot can be opened for another student in need. If you need to change your tutoring time, you must also see your counselor again to make the necessary changes.
5) I agree to review my progress reports with my counselor each semester.
6) I agree to attend at least one (1) workshop (live or on-line) each fall and spring if I am registered for classes.
7) I agree to attend at least one (1) financial literacy workshop per academic year.
8) I understand that attendance on four-year college visits and/or cultural activities is optional. However, if I sign up, I must meet all requirements to attend. And if I am unable to attend, I agree to contact the Administrative Assistant to cancel in advance of the trip.
9) I agree to attend all mandatory TRIO meetings. If I have class or work at the scheduled time, I agree to inform the Administrative Assistant that I cannot come so that she may give me the needed materials from the meeting.
10) If in spite of my participation in all of the above requirements, I am suspended from the college for poor academic performance, I understand that the Program Director may recommend to the VP for Student Services that I be readmitted for the next semester. Recommendation for readmission to the college under these circumstances is totally dependent on my participation in the program.
I understand that either Student Support Services or myself may void this contract: without obligation; however, I do understand that federal regulations may require me to participate in a follow-up study at a later date.
I understand that certain program requirements may be modified slightly during the year, but not without prior notification to program participants.