Acceptance into the Upward Bound Program brings with it several responsibilities for both students and parents.
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY THE UPWARD BOUND HANDBOOK AND THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS FOR PROGRAM PARTICIPATION:
The student pledges:
1. To participate in the summer session each year, including attending all classes and special activities. Summer participation may be optional for some students depending upon budgetary limitations.
2. To participate in the academic program during the school year by attending tutoring sessions, attending Academic Saturdays, meeting with UB mentor, and completing assignments.
3. To show continued individual effort in regard to school attendance, citizenship, and scholarship.
4. To participate in special activities, trips, meetings, and events sponsored by Upward Bound.
5. To fulfill commitments made regarding the attendance of activities, trips, meetings, and events sponsored by Upward Bound. Failure to do so will result in administrative action.
In order to maintain a positive atmosphere whereby each student can achieve maximum academic and social development while enrolled in Upward Bound, all participants must conduct themselves in an orderly and respectful manner at all times. Therefore, they must pledge themselves to the following:
1. To respect all teachers, tutors, tutor advisors, and members of the Upward Bound staff. (Failure to do so may result in immediate dismissal.)
2. To follow all rules and regulations as outlined in Upward Bound school year and summer handouts.
3. To come to class and tutoring sessions prepared to engage in serious academic study.
1. To attend scheduled parent meetings and student conferences as necessary.
2. To cooperate with the Upward Bound administration in resolving problems and conflicts regarding his/her child while in the program.
3. To provide transportation for your student as needed in support of your child’s participation in the Upward Bound program.
The probationary period for an Upward Bound student is 60 days. During this period, if a student fails to actively participate in every aspect of the program, he/she will be dropped from the program at the close of the probationary period. Students are not eligible for stipends during the probationary period.
The student and parent hereby acknowledge having read and comprehended the “Upward Bound Parent/Student Contract” and the “Upward Bound Student Handbook” and are in agreement with and pledge to abide by its provisions. A written copy is available through the website www.esc12.net/upwardbound