Internet Use Agreement
Veterans Upward Bound
Central Carolina Community College
I agree that the following actions constitute unacceptable use of the Internet. Whether that use is initiated from the Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program or another site, and I shall not perform any of these actions at any time when access to the Internet is in any way related to my status as a participant of the VUB program.
1. Using impolite, abusive, or otherwise objectionable language in either public or private messages;
2. Placing unlawful information on the Internet;
3. Using the Internet illegally in ways that violate federal, state, or local law or statues;
4. Using the Internet during a VUB program or event for non-educational purposes;
5. Sending chain letter, pyramid schemes, or any other type of use that would cause congestion of the Internet or otherwise interfere with the work of others;
6. Using the Internet for commercial purpose;
7. Using the Internet for political lobbying;
8. Changing any computer file that does not belong to the user, without permission from the owner of the computer file;
9. Sending or receiving copyrighted materials without permission;
10. Knowingly giving one’s password to others;
11. Using another person’s password;
12. Using Internet access for sending or retrieving pornographic materials, inappropriate text files, or files dangerous to the integrity of the network;
13. Circumventing security measures on school or remote computers or networks;
14. Attempting to gain access to another’s resources, program, or data, without authorization from the individual or group, or without the person(s) in charge’s written permission.
15. Vandalizing, which is any attempt to harm, destroy data of another user on the Internet, including the uploading or creation of computer viruses; or
16. Falsifying one’s identity to others while using the Internet.
I have read the Internet Use Agreement, and I understand it fully and agree to refrain from all of the unacceptable actions listed in the Agreement. I understand that internet access which is provided is designed for educational purposes. I understand further that any violation of the Internet Use Agreement is unethical and may constitute a criminal offense. Should I commit any violation of this agreement, my access privilege may be revoked and, if Veterans Upward Bound Program behavioral expectations or laws are broken, disciplinary and/or appropriate legal action may be taken.